Sunday 18 December 2011

Sparkle Plenty

Today I made the last stich on the Sparkle Plenty quilt... Or should I say the first of them. I definately see more Sparkle Plenty in my future. (in fact I already started cutting another for my oldest son - I hope to have it finished for his Birthday in early January).

A few fact about this one:
  • It's 180x180 cm (app. 70 x 70 inches)
  • It's made from the Sparkle Plenty pattern (I enlarged the blocks slightly)
  • It's made of various green scraps and the solid is Moda Snow.
  • The border is Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson
  • I started this quilt in November (but worked on several other projects while doing this)
It is one of my all-time favourite quilts. The star is a classic design but overall this quilt stands out as very modern. Later today I'm going to drive by my friend Susans house to give it to her. She is a fantastic woman and deserves a fantastic quilt.




18 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty (: How big are the squares? and where can I find the pattern (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy day--it's totally gorgeous. Thank you so very much for sharing. Your version absolutely Sparkles!!! I can only imagine your dear friend will be speechless with such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, I love your choice of fabrics/colours. Lucky Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this pattern after seeing your version of it, and I think when I make it I might steal your idea and quilt it the same way. I LOVE the way you made it bigger. It is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful, and I love how you've quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! After looking at the pattern I how you changed the size of the block to make it bigger. I would love to make this but 48 inches squares isn't big enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this too... really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fantastic and very beautiful!
    Merry Christmas! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came from Loft Creations to see your special creation!! Magnificent....what a splendid gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!!!! I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this quilt too. I just love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love star quilts... looks like you do too! Love your quilt - must remember to buy the pattern. Are you going to do the Made In Cherry 2012 Quilt along?? What size and have you got colours chosen?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely quilt you made1
    I just love Stephanie's patterns!
    Gelukkig Kerstfeest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is simply DIVINE!! What a great job you've done! Last time you showed it to us I went straight over and bought the pattern. It's now in my to do list for 2012. Thanks for such great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wouldn't mind if you drove my way with this one...It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely Beautiful!!! What did you make your blocks

    ReplyDelete